Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 03 - (Out of) Control

Usually I end up regretting not staying home, but last night wasn't the case. It actually turned out to be fun ..mostly. One word: gossip. Yesterday I found out some peoples' dirtiest secrets, and I want them out of my mind. I can't see why someone would want to engage in this type of conversation - I mean I've never asked for it. Now I have all these images in my head and it seems that the more I'm trying to think about something else, the more they amplify. Oh well, I should have gotten used to this already, it happens all the time.

Does this look familiar?

Today I watched a movie called 'Control' which presents the life of Ian Curtis (the lead singer of Joy Division). It was good overall, but I feel like I failed to get an insight of what was on his mind, what determined him to commit suicide. Yes, you can pretty much deduce that from the action, but I wanted to see more from Ian if the action concentrated around his life.



To keep the photo challenge going, here is a photo from another trip I've been on this summer. I know this isn't how the challenge works, but there simply isn't anything interesting to photograph today.




I also like this song a lot, but I might have over-listened it already. Oh and any musical recommendations are welcomed any time.




(Pixies - Hey)

8 comments:

  1. Personally, the kind of time I'm having depends on me.
    If I want to have fun, I'll have fun no matter the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the picture! I stayed in last night and did not regret it. Much too much going on outdoors. I'm still grasping at why that picture makes me want to go walk in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Control was pretty good, you might want to watch 24 hour party people, it's a movie about the music scene in the 70-80's in the UK. It could help you a bit with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the gossip thing, don't get involved in it or it will bite you in the ass eventually. It's better to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Control wasn't that great. I'm a big Joy Division fan, and am sad that there isn't a single good movie about Ian and his life.

    24 Party People is a great movie, and it somewhat touches on Joy Division, but it's not about Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That always happens to me! D:

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pixies, nice. And I totally understand how you feel.

    ReplyDelete