Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 02 - Socializing

I feel like I'm talking to myself, but I do that all the time inside my head, so why not write it down? After successfully avoiding human interaction almost the entire summer, yesterday I decided I should take advantage of the remains of my holiday and go out. My uhm.. friends are going to a party tonight and they invited me to go with them, so I said why not. It's going to be held in a pub, so at least the music will be decent. I hope it will be a good night overall, with no incidents and stuff.


Have you guys heard of SAD (Seasonal affective disorder)? I think I might suffer from this; I mean I can't stand summer. The sun and heat make me want to hibernate. Now seriously, when it's bright and sunny I just want to close my windows' shutters and avoid everything. During days I feel tired, lifeless, but at night I feel like getting out of the house and going for walks. Due to having too much energy at night I can't sleep, and I can't do it when it's day either, because my parents go bragging about how I sleep too much and do nothing. So, after 48 hours I feel exhausted and fall into a deep sleep (about 12 to 15 hours) and after that, I'd repeat the whole thing.




Anyway, this is a picture from one time I've been camping this summer, I think it was in July. It was a very different experience.. my friend forgot to bring his tent. Yeah, that's right, he went camping without a tent. We got there, and just another friend had a tent, but there were other people sleeping in it, so we had to sleep under the sky. I had a sleeping bag and three or four blouses and my friend's hoodie but damn it was a cold night. Well we haven't really slept too much, only for about an hour or two in the morning; we went for walks, made a camp fire, smoked hookah, talked, just had a good time, all in all. But it was super cold.


This weekend announces to be a good one: my parents will be out of town. Oh yeah. I probably sound like a twelve year old but it's going to be awesome. I think I'll have a friend over. Sounds like a good end for my vacation and a good start for autumn.


This will be me the moment my parents will leave the house. Pretty sad, I know.


9 comments:

  1. never heard of SAD, but the symptoms don't seem totally unfamiliar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now that feel. I also hibernate during summer. Can't wait for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of SAD before either.
    Also that guy looks REALLY excited.

    Do you perform the same dance and jumping around when your parents leave? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate summer too, it makes my beard itchy and my hat makes me sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as j. littlejohn. I never heard about SAD. thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  6. @GMSoccerPicks: I haven't really got to do it because when they left I was still sleeping. But I sure am as excited as that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been on many camping trips, but ones like the one you describe are the type that I always end up having the fondest memories of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of seasonal effective disorder. I spent some time in Alaska, and people up there talk about it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get the same thing. My sleep schedule is messed up. I'm always trying to stay up until they leave so I can be noisy and make some food (and do that dance) But I always get attacked by slumber when I am at my weakest. I don't know why I get all my energy when it gets dark. I read somewhere though that being nocturnal like that is a sign of intelligence.

    ReplyDelete